The travel program is designed for players U9 and above who excel in the game and want to participate in more challenging games than an intramural program offers.
The benefits of this program are to challenge players to realize their highest potential through more intensive coaching and to develop long-lasting bonds with their teammates, coaches and parents. This program offers more playing time with players of equal talent. Player development, team tactics and winning are stressed more in the travel program, with better skilled players getting the most playing time.
- It is strongly recommended that athletes play at the age-appropriate level.
- Coaches are required to obtain a coaching license within one year.
- Teams usually practice two nights per week.
- Games are usually played on the weekends and most games are within a thirty-mile radius beginning after Labor Day and ending before Thanksgiving.
- Players are required to purchase the Club-designated travel uniform.
- Players will attend tournaments and pay (the coach) the associated registration fees of tournaments selected by the coach and team.
- It is recommended that travel players attend camps to further improve his or her skills. Players are strongly encouraged to practice at home to refine fundamentals. This level of commitment ensures faster paced player development.
The girls compete in either the Central League or the Philadelphia Area Girls Soccer League (PAGS) against teams in Delaware, Chester and Montgomery counties, usually on Sunday afternoons.
The boys participate in either the Central League or the Delco League and play in the tri-county area, mostly on Saturdays.
Family/Picture Day is held in October and the Player's Banquet closes out the season in November. Other events may occur during the season. See the Calendar for more details.
Union Affiliate Training Schedule
All training session will be held at Catania Field.
Monday – Travel Team Training, 6 week program (9/14-10/19), and 9 week program (9/14-11/9)
- U9 Boys Rough Riders (9 weeks)
- U10 Girls Rockets (6 weeks)
- U11 Girls Lady Raiders(6 weeks)
- U12 Boys Rangers (9 weeks)
- U15 Boys Raptors (6 weeks)
- U19 Girls Royals (6 weeks)
Wednesday – Goalkeeper Clinic, 8 week program (9/16-11/4)
- U9, U10, and U11 Travel Goalkeepers
- U12, U13, U15, and U19 Travel Goalkeepers
Thursday – Travel Team Training, 6 week program (9/17-10/22), and 9 week program (9/17-11/12)
- U9 Girls Revolution (9 weeks)
- U10 Boys Riptide (9 weeks)
- U11 Boys Warriors (6 weeks)
- U12 Girls Rage Yellow (9 weeks)
- U12 Girls Rage Blue (9 weeks)
- U13 Girls Pride (9 weeks)