The travel program is designed for players U9 and above who excel in the game and want to participate in more challenging games than an intramural program offers.
The benefits of this program are to challenge players to realize their highest potential through more intensive coaching and to develop long-lasting bonds with their teammates, coaches and parents. This program offers more playing time with players of equal talent. Player development, team tactics and winning are stressed more in the travel program, with better skilled players getting the most playing time.
- It is strongly recommended that athletes play at the age-appropriate level.
- Coaches are required to obtain a coaching license within one year.
- Teams usually practice two nights per week.
- Games are usually played on the weekends and most games are within a thirty-mile radius beginning after Labor Day and ending before Thanksgiving.
- Players are required to purchase the Club-designated travel uniform.
- Players will attend tournaments and pay (the coach) the associated registration fees of tournaments selected by the coach and team.
- It is recommended that travel players attend camps to further improve his or her skills. Players are strongly encouraged to practice at home to refine fundamentals. This level of commitment ensures faster paced player development.
The girls compete in either the Central League or the Philadelphia Area Girls Soccer League (PAGS) against teams in Delaware, Chester and Montgomery counties, usually on Sunday afternoons.
The boys participate in either the Central League or the Delco League and play in the tri-county area, mostly on Saturdays.
Family/Picture Day is held in October and the Player's Banquet closes out the season in November. Other events may occur during the season. See the Calendar for more details.
Tryouts for the 2021-22 Travel teams will begin the week of May 3. The tryouts are scheduled based on birth year. Players must come to at least one session but it is suggested to come to both.
WHERE: To be determined.
WHEN: Monday-Thursday, May 3-13, 6-7:15. Registration opens April 1.
HOW: Registration link coming soon. Tryouts are free but all players must pre-register.
Monday, May 3, and Tuesday, May 4
- Boys born in 2013 and 2012
- Girls born in 2013 and 2012
Wednesday, May 5, and Thursday, May 6
- Boys born in 2011 and 2010
- Girls born in 2011 and 2010
Monday, May 10, and Tuesday, May 11
- Boys born in 2009
- Girls born in 2009 and 2008
Wednesday, May 12, and Thursday, May 13
- Make up dates