The travel program is designed for players U9 and above who excel in the game and want to participate in more challenging games than an intramural program offers.
The benefits of this program are to challenge players to realize their highest potential through more intensive coaching and to develop long-lasting bonds with their teammates, coaches and parents. This program offers more playing time with players of equal talent. Player development, team tactics and winning are stressed more in the travel program, with better skilled players getting the most playing time.
- It is strongly recommended that athletes play at the age-appropriate level.
- Coaches are required to obtain a coaching license within one year.
- Teams usually practice two nights per week.
- Games are usually played on the weekends and most games are within a thirty-mile radius beginning after Labor Day and ending before Thanksgiving.
- Players are required to purchase the Club-designated travel uniform.
- Players will attend tournaments and pay (the coach) the associated registration fees of tournaments selected by the coach and team.
- It is recommended that travel players attend camps to further improve his or her skills. Players are strongly encouraged to practice at home to refine fundamentals. This level of commitment ensures faster paced player development.
Each travel team participates in a 4 day Pre-Season Camp for either the period of July 26th through July 29th, or August 2nd through August 5th. The trainers for these camps are provided by our affiliate, the Philadelphia Union. The cost of these camp is included in the team fees for the year.
Teams will also be provided with an in season Union trainer one day a week for 6-12 weeks depending on each teams level of training. Sessions will begin in August or September. This cost is also included in each teams base fees.
The girls compete in either the Central League or the Philadelphia Area Girls Soccer League (PAGS) against teams in Delaware, Chester and Montgomery counties, usually on Sunday afternoons.
The boys participate in either the Central League or the Delco League and play in the tri-county area, mostly on Saturdays.
Family/Picture Day is held in October and the Player's Banquet closes out the season in November. Other events may occur during the season. See the Calendar for more details.
Tryouts for the 2021-22 Travel teams will begin the week of May 3. The tryouts are scheduled based on birth year. Players must come to at least one session but it is suggested to come to both. Please note, due to a schedule conflict, the second day of tryouts for boys and girls born in 2010 and 2011 has been changed to Wednesday, May 12.
WHERE: On the fields behind Grace Park Elementary School.
WHEN: Monday-Thursday, May 3-13, 6-7:15. Registration opens April 1.
HOW: Tryouts are free but all players must pre-register.
Monday, May 3, and Tuesday, May 4
- Boys born in 2013 and 2012
- Girls born in 2013 and 2012
Wednesday, May 5, and Wednesday, May 12
- Boys born in 2011 and 2010
- Girls born in 2011 and 2010
Monday, May 10, and Tuesday, May 11
- Boys born in 2009
- Girls born in 2009 and 2008
Thursday, May 13
- Make up date